Membership Agreement and Code of Ethics Acknowledgment
As a prospective member, your acceptance of our terms and conditions signifies a commitment to uphold the highest ethical standards in your professional conduct. By agreeing, you are bound to the following vows:
- Adherence to the Code of Ethics: I commit to strictly follow the Credit Consultants Association’s code of ethics, as detailed on CCA’s Ethics Page.
- Public Welfare and Error Rectification: I pledge to ensure the public’s welfare in my operations and promptly rectify any harm or errors caused in the course of my work.
- Prohibition of Unethical Practices: I vow against engaging in unethical credit repair practices such as credit jamming or credit sweeps.
- Transparency with Clients: I promise to provide my clients with copies of all correspondence and documentation sent on their behalf.
- Honesty and Integrity: I vow to maintain integrity in my communication, refraining from making false or misleading claims about the results of my services.
- Client Consent and Approval: I commit to not challenge or dispute credit items without explicit approval or authorization from my client.
- Clarity and Responsibility in Service Offerings: I understand my responsibility for the net impression created by my services. I will promptly address any client misunderstandings and offer refunds if they feel misled.
- Compliance with Legal Guidelines: I agree to adhere to the regulations of the Telephone Sales Rules Act and § 310.3 concerning deceptive telemarketing practices. Non-compliance will result in immediate membership termination by CCA.
- Consequences of Policy Violation: Violations of these policies will lead to membership and certification termination, an “F-Rating” on our website, and a public warning on certificationforfeited.com. Additionally, the right to use CCA logos and designations will be revoked.
- Professionalism in Representation: In representing the CCA brand, especially on social media, I vow to maintain professional decorum in attire and imagery. This includes avoiding any inappropriate, shirtless, or erotic representations in my profile pictures or posts.
Terms of Service, Agreements & Use
Duration and Modification of the Agreement
This Agreement remains effective until terminated either by the Credit Consultants Association (CCA) or by you, as a Member.
CCA reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Notification of any changes will be made either through email communication to you, by posting updates on the CCA website, or through a digital acknowledgement (such as clicking an ‘Agree’ button) during your website login process. Such digital acknowledgement will be considered legally equivalent to a handwritten signature.
The modifications will become effective immediately after they are communicated via email or acknowledged through the website. If you do not access your member account for 7 days following the announcement of changes on the CCA website, you will be considered to have accepted the modifications. If you find any changes unacceptable, you may terminate your membership, which will be your only remedy in such a scenario. Continuation of your membership following these modifications implies your acceptance of the revised terms.
Member Commitment and Consumer Disclosure
As a member of the Credit Consultants Association, I pledge to uphold the highest standards of integrity and professionalism in my services, ensuring no harm comes to the public. In line with this commitment, I will provide the following clear and honest disclosure to consumers:
Credit Repair Organization Commitment: The primary goal of our Credit Repair Organization is to assist consumers in achieving an accurate and fair credit report. We emphasize that while we strive for the best possible outcomes, we do not guarantee specific results. Our commitment is to offer a range of specified services, detailed in our agreement with you.
Service Provision and Billing: We adhere to ethical billing practices, ensuring that no charges are levied for services until they have been fully rendered as per the outlined agreement. Our focus is on rectifying inaccuracies in your credit report; we do not engage in the removal of accurate and verifiable information.
Consumer Participation: Your active participation is crucial. Providing us with all necessary documents, forms, and information, including results from investigations, is key to the effectiveness of the services we offer.
Scope of Services: It is important to note that our services do not encompass tax, legal, or financial advice. Should you require assistance in these areas, we recommend consulting with appropriately licensed professionals.
By becoming a member and engaging with consumers, I understand and accept these responsibilities, reflecting the values and ethical standards of the Credit Consultants Association.
Terms and Conditions of Use for the Credit Consultants Association (CCA) Website
Acceptance of Terms: By accessing, using, or viewing www.ccasite.org, you acknowledge and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree, please discontinue all use of this site immediately.
- Member Access Monitoring: CCA monitors member access to ensure compliance and prevent abuse. The members-only section is proprietary and restricted to authorized members. Unauthorized sharing of access credentials will lead to termination of membership and possible legal action.
- Purpose: The content on this site aims to keep members informed about the credit industry and provide resources for improving credit scores and credit consulting practices.
- Disclaimer: CCA provides no warranties, expressed or implied, regarding the content, including but not limited to fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, or outcome efficacy.
- Usage of Information: Any information you provide via email or through this site is non-confidential and non-proprietary. CCA reserves the right to use this information as deemed appropriate without compensation to you.
- Third-Party Content: The site may include links to external sites for additional information. CCA is not responsible for the content or services on these external sites.
- Hyperlinking Policy: When linking to the CCA website, do not imply any affiliation or endorsement by CCA. You may describe CCA as an industry education and advocacy organization dedicated to credit counseling and debt management.
Accuracy and Reliability of Information:
- Disclaimer: CCA is not liable for inaccuracies or the lack of current information on the site. Users rely on this information at their own risk. CCA may modify site content but is not obligated to update information.
- Responsibility for Disruptions: You are liable for any technical disruptions caused to the site and its transmission, and responsible for all associated legal and repair costs.
- False Certification Penalty: A $100 fee will be charged for attempts to fraudulently obtain certification. Certifications are not for sale and require passing an exam. This fee is in addition to retaining any funds used for such fraudulent certificate requests.
The use of this site and the interpretation of its terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee, USA. All users irrevocably agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Shelby County, Tennessee for any legal matters arising from or related to the use of this site. Unauthorized access to this site is a violation of both federal and Tennessee state laws and may result in civil or criminal penalties.
Users located in jurisdictions where the material on this site or its use is prohibited must refrain from accessing or using the site. It is the responsibility of each user to be aware of and comply with the laws of their specific jurisdiction regarding the use of this site.
Changes to These Terms
CCA reserves the right to alter these terms, conditions, and the use of this site at its discretion. Changes will be communicated by posting updated terms on the site. Users have the responsibility to review these terms periodically for any modifications. Continued use of this site after the posting of any changes indicates your acceptance of these new terms.
We recognize that our program may not be suitable for everyone. Therefore, we offer a refund policy that is considerate of individual circumstances while maintaining the integrity of our program requirements and offerings.
- General Refund Consideration: Refunds are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please be aware that we may not grant a refund in every instance, but each request will be given fair consideration.
- No Refunds on Certification Pre-Requisites: Purchases for products requiring pre-requisites for certification are non-refundable. For instance, passing the BCCC is mandatory before receiving the CCSC Certification. The prerequisites are explicitly stated prior to purchase, and it is the buyer’s responsibility to meet these requirements.
- Special Offers and Promotions: During special promotions covering only exam and certification fees, refunds are not available. These offers include free membership and training materials, with fees applying solely to exam attempts and certification issuance upon passing. However, if no exams have been attempted or materials downloaded, a refund may be issued within 30 days in most cases.
- Partner Programs and Coaching: Refunds are not available for coaching services. For partner programs involving websites or software, refunds may be issued for unused months up to 60 days, with a deduction for one month of usage. Post 60 days, no refunds can be processed. As a courtesy, full access to software and website services may be provided for up to one year if unused.
- Ultimate Plan Refunds: For ultimate plan refunds, administrative and partner fees will be considered, and a $50 administration fee will be applied. Refunds are processed within three business days, after which no refunds are available.
- Membership and Material Sales: All sales of membership and materials are final upon sign-up. As a non-profit training and watchdog trade association, our focus is on providing comprehensive certification testing in the credit service industry. Testing and membership fees, including any discounted prices, are non-refundable.
- Transfer of Membership and Materials: You may transfer your membership, books, and materials to another eligible party. We strive to assist in this process to the best of our ability.
- Downloaded Materials: In cases where a refund is provided and the ‘Starting A Credit Repair Business’ manual has been downloaded, a non-refundable fee of $47 will be deducted.
Our policy is designed to ensure fairness to all participants while covering the costs associated with providing high-quality educational resources and certification processes.
Copyrights and Trademarks
The materials on this website, including but not limited to all designs, text, images, and content, are the exclusive property of the Credit Consultants Association (CCA), except where explicitly stated otherwise. These materials are protected under United States copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. Your acknowledgment of these rights as valid and enforceable is required.
Any unauthorized use, including the misuse, misdirection, or misappropriation of any material, image, text, or content, or the infringement of any trademark contained within this site is strictly prohibited. CCA is committed to vigorously enforcing its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent, including initiating civil and criminal proceedings in cases of infringement.
These Terms and Conditions represent the complete and exclusive agreement between you and CCA regarding your use of this website.
All Rights Reserved by Credit Consultants Association – 2004-2024.